A brand-new initiative for documentary producers and projects from Asia, offering financing, and co-production possibilities in the US, and other international markets.
Unscripted Pitch 2023
Feature / Series
The winner of the 2023 ATF x Beach House Pictures Unscripted Pitch will be awarded a full consultation / development package worth up to SGD 30,000.
Deadline Round 1: Oct 2, 2023 (2359 hrs SGT) (EXTENDED)
Shortlist Selections: Oct 13, 2023
Onstage Pitch: Dec 6, 2023
ATF Market: Dec 6—8, 2023
Co-Founder & Creative Director
Beach House Pictures
Head of Development
Beach House Pictures
More judges coming soon!
WHAT IS ATF x BEACH HOUSE PICTURES UNSCRIPTED PITCH 2023?
USA + INTERNATIONAL Edition!
The ATF x Beach House Pictures Unscripted Pitch 2023 — USA + International Edition! brings together selected producers with unscripted projects (Docs: Feature / Series) from Asia, targeted for the US market, or for other international markets.
Documentary: Feature / Series
Streaming platforms, Channels, Online Release, Festival Runs
Taking Asian storytelling into the global arena, there will be an open pitch for the 10 semi-finalists, with the final 5 to continue an in-depth pitch session behind closed doors. Chosen projects will be exposed to renowned industry decision-makers at the Asia TV Forum & Market (ATF) in Singapore on Dec 6—8, 2023.
The winning project will be awarded a full consultation / development package worth up to SGD 30,000.
We will select 10 documentary (feature / series) projects from across APAC. Accepted formats include feature-length, as well as TV formats (series or mini-series) and short films in development or financing stage. Preference will be given to projects with great creative potential, exciting visuals, interest and potential for co-production, and potential for travel across borders and continents.
- There is no submission/ participation fee.
- The application must be submitted by the producer who holds the majority rights.
- All the documents, including treatment and script, must be in ENGLISH.
- All selected participants should cover their travel and accommodation to Singapore during the ATF market.
- Each selected projects will receive up to 2 all-access passes to ATF.
- The selection will be made by an industry selection committee and will be announced according to the specifiec dates for each stage.
ROUND 1 (10 Shortlisted) — Pitch Submission, shortlisted by Judges
The application must be submitted by the producer who holds the majority rights. Incomplete submissions will not be evaluated.
In the submission form, you will be requested with the following information below.
- Short biography of Producer (80—170 words)
- Project Title
- Project Logline (100 words max)
- Project Concept (400 words max)
- Series/Feature Overview (400 words max)
- Episodic Synopses (400 words max)
- Tone & Approach (400 words max)
- Production Team (600 words max)
ROUND 2 (5 Shortlisted) — On Stage Pitch
- Full Treatment, Episodic or Feature Documentary Breakdown will be requested (via email)
- Each finalist will be given a strict 3 mins to pitch on stage + 3 mins Q&A segment
- Shortlisted 5 and judges will then adjourn to closed-door pitch session
FINAL ROUND — Closed Door Pitch
- Winning project will be awarded a full consultation / development package (worth up to SGD 30,000)
- Includes first-right-of-refusal until 30 June 2025
- Each finalist will be given a strict 10 mins to pitch + 10 mins Q&A segment