A brand-new initiative for animation producers and projects from Asia and Europe, offering an insight into the animation markets, financing, and co-production possibilities between both continents.
Animation Lab & Pitch 2023
A Great Idea Can Come From Anywhere
Deadline: Sep 15, 2023 (EXTENDED)
Selections: From Oct 8, 2023 onwards
Online Workshop: End Oct 2023 - Mid Nov 2023
Onsite Workshop: Dec 6, 2023
Onstage Pitch: Dec 7, 2023
Onsite 1-on-1 Meetings: Dec 7, 2023
ATF Market: Dec 6—8, 2023
Award-Winning Film Producer
Magic Hour Films
Assistant Lead, Content Commissioning
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Head of Originals—SEA & MEA
More coming soon!
What is ATF x TTB ANIMATION LAB & PITCH?
The Animation Lab & Pitch brings together selected producers with animation projects from Asia and Europe, offering an insight into the animation markets, financing, and co-production possibilities in both continents.
An intensive online prep session in autumn segueing to a second onsite lab, an open pitch, and further onsite activities with renowned industry decision-makers in December, the aim of the training is to prepare the participants for the market launch and pitch of their projects. Onsite events will take place at the Asia TV Forum & Market (ATF) in Singapore on Dec 6—8, 2023.
We will select 8—10 selected animation projects (4—5 each from Asia-Pacific* countries and Europe*). Accepted formats include feature-length animated films, as well as TV formats (series or mini-series) and short films in development or financing stage. Preference will be given to projects with great creative potential, exciting visuals, interest and potential for co-production, and potential for travel across borders and continents. The programme is not open to pre-school content. Preference will be given to animation for youth, families, and adults.
European countries eligible
Please contact RX Global – [email protected] – to enquire about the countries currently listed in compliance with the Economic & Trade Sanctions Policy.
*subject to change
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The deadline is Sep 15, 2023 (EXTENDED).
There is no submission/ participation fee.
The application must be submitted by the producer who holds the majority rights.
All the documents, including treatment and script, must be in ENGLISH.
All selected participants should cover their travel and accommodation to Singapore during the ATF market.
Talks are ongoing with European and Asian national/regional funds and promotion agencies in order to fully cover the costs of the participants from the respective countries. Please contact us for further information.
In addition, a limited number of partial travel & accommodation scholarships are available, with priority given to applicants from countries not providing any scholarships for this kind of activities, or participants in any other proven situation in need of financial support.
Each selected projects will receive up to 2 all-access passes to ATF.
The selection will be made by a selection committee and will be announced from Oct onwards.
The application must be submitted by the producer who holds the majority rights. Incomplete submissions will not be evaluated.
In the online Pitch Entry Form, you will be requested with the following information below:
- Short biography of Producer, Director, Scriptwriter (80—170 words each)
- Producer’s Previous Training Experience — Letter of motivation to participate in the training and ATF market in Singapore (500—1000 words)
**Please explain specifically:
1. How your project and company could benefit from this program,
2. Why you believe that the ATF in Singapore is the right place to present your project,
3. What you believe are the strengths of your project in terms of co-production potential (also in terms of possible division of work and sharing of Heads of Departments)
** Please indicate the exact stage of your project at this moment and what you are looking for.
- Project Title
- Project Logline (80—100 words)
- Project Synopsis (140—250 words)
- Link to view teaser/trailer/animation test (if available)
- Link to view visual material
- Short presentation of your production company (70—130 words)
- Full list of company’s productions clearly marking which projects are in development, pre-production, production or released and what was the applicant's role in those projects (.doc or .pdf file, max upload size 10MB)
- Production company logo (.pdf file with your logo in vector format, max upload size 10MB)
- Treatment—up to 10 pages (if available, .doc or .pdf file, max upload size 10MB)
- Accepted formats include feature-length animated films, TV formats (series or mini-series) & short films in the development or financing stage.
- Preference will be given to projects with greater creative potential, exciting visuals, interest & potential for co-production.
- Preference will be given to projects with capacity for travel across borders & continents.
- This program is not open to pre-school content, with inclination towards animation for youth, families, and adults.